Under her food sustainability platform Honestly Green, in late 2015, she launched a food-focused farmers market, Tong Chong Street Market, co-presented with Swire Properties, and in 2017, Honestly Green launched Poho Market.
The markets grew from her 2012 project, Island East Markets, which was the largest urban farmers' market in the city, and showcased artisanal products that were locally and responsibly made and grown.
For her efforts towards food sustainability, she was named "Inspiring Homegrown Entrepreneur"in the inaugural Women of Hope awards and made part of Generation T by Hong Kong Tatler.
As senior director of Little Adventures in Hong Kong, she consults on the Hong Kong food & beverage scene, and designs and leads custom food and culture experiences, working with world renowned chefs, as well as clients such as CNN and Cathay Pacific.
Janice judges and contributes to major local and international food & beverage awards, lists and guides, and speaks and moderates on panels regarding the food & beverage industry, sustainability, lifestyle media and social entrepreneurship.
She is a graduate of the University of Melbourne, and also holds a WSET Advanced (Level 3) Certificate, which just means she is serious about enjoying a tipple.
- Good Food, The Age, Melbourne Food and Wine Festival 2018: Meet three women who are reshaping the food world, March 2018.
- Blueprint for Living, RN (Australian Broadcasting Corporation), Behind the scenes of Hong Kong's largest farmers market, February 2018.
- Profood, Kitchen Confidential: Janice Leung Hayes, August 2017.
- Hong Kong Tatler, Generation T: The Names Disrupting The Dining Scene In Hong Kong, June 2017.
- Lifestyle Asia, 20 foodies to follow on Instagram, August 2016.
- Foodpanda, 50 Hottest Bloggers, August 2016.
- The Initium 端傳媒, 香港餐飲界的弄潮兒, June 2016.
- Forbes, 2016 Hong Kong Food and Restaurant Trends, January 2016
- Hong Kong Tatler, The Food Issue & #TatlerTable, November 2015.
- South China Morning Post - Food Dreams - The struggle to make it in Hong Kong's super-competitive restaurant market \[video\], January 2015.
- Falstaff (Austria), February 2014.
- New York Magazine, February 2013.
- Jing Daily, 10 Minutes With..., October 2012.
- Sassy Hong Kong, That Girl, September 2012.
- Time Out Hong Kong, 20 People Changing the Way You Eat and Drink, April 2012.
- Bloomberg Businessweek, The Secret World of Hong Kong's Private Kitchens, March 2012.
- The Menu, Monocle Radio, September 2016.
- Hungry Foodies, TVB J2, June 2016.
- Food Blog Radio, February 2016.
- 自然好味, RTHK, December 2015.
- National Geographic Channel (FOX) THINK FOOD Campaign PSA \[video\], February 2015.
- The Sizzle and Fry Show, co-host, 2014.
- The Flying Winemaker, Episode 1 (TLC), 2014.
- The Pearl Report, TVB Pearl, December 2014 Australian Broadcasting Association (ABC), AusBiz Asia Episode 3, June 2014.
- Asia's 50 Best Restaurants \[videos\], Hong Kong Dining, Asia's 50 Best Restaurants, Jan 2014.
- The Maverick Chef, LiTV, December 2011.
- Melbourne Food and Wine Festival, Theatre of Ideas, March 2018.
- Tatler Table, Taste of Hong Kong, March 2017.
- TEDxHong Kong, November 2016.
- The Business of Blogging, General Assembly, Hong Kong, March 2016.
- Women Extraordinaire Forum, Hong Kong, April 2014.
- WOM Guide launch, Hong Kong, February 2012.
- Blogging 101, Social Media Week, Hong Kong, February 2012.